CARP has made over a thousand deliveries to hundreds of households in Philadelphia.
CARP is a mutual aid project committed to sharing resources and redistributing wealth throughout the Kensington community and Philadelphia. We do so by following the leadership of those receiving our resources; all of our projects come from community members’ suggestions and ideas. Currently, we table outside our office on Kensington and Lehigh twice a week. During tabling, we hand out essential hygiene supplies, hot food, and snacks, offer a phone charging station and first aid care, and host a small radical library. We also make grocery deliveries to households across the city and offer personalized assistance like help finding housing or applying for benefits.
Another important aspect of our project is sharing knowledge. We hold weekly political education sessions open to all in which we learn from each other. Past sessions have covered incarceration and the prison-industrial complex, colonialism, and Black revolutionary politics.
What We’ve Achieved
- Hundreds of grocery deliveries
- Distributed over 500 hygiene packs in Kensington
- Assisted neighbors to find housing, apply for benefits, and more
- Provided much needed first aid care
- Built and fostered relationships with hundreds of households across Philadelphia
- Connected families with Philly Tenants Union and other resources
- Created a vibrant and supportive community out of our supply hub
- Hosted radical discussions