Additional Food Resources in Philadelphia
- Coalition Against Hunger SNAP Hotline
- BenePhilly for help enrolling in programs for various public benefits
(please contact the programs listed below to confirm that their schedule and location have not changed)
Delivery Specific Programs
- Juntos Solidarity Bank – for immigrant families
- Liberty Resources – for individuals with disabilities (there is a waiting list)
- Full Cart free grocery delivery – for those affected by COVID-19
- SHARE food program – for seniors and people with disabilities
- Have 80 pickup locations for those who don’t qualify for delivery
- MANNA part time food delivery – for people currently battling or in care for a serious illness
- Mutual Aid Philly – “an entirely volunteer run, community powered group that provides direct aid, neighbor to neighbor, in South Philly and Center City in English and Spanish.”
- Philly Mutual Aid – Neighbors Helping Neighbors – “a Black, Brown, & Native-led group of community members & organizers involved with radical social justice organizations around the city. We are neighbors concerned about our communities and helping to make sure those most vulnerable and affected by COVID-19 get the help they need.” Contact: email@example.com
- “WHAT WE’RE DOING: We are matching people in need with neighbors able to help. We offer support getting folks groceries, medicine, and supplies. We are volunteer run, we are not funded, and our aid comes directly from the community.”
- Lists 50 food distribution sites and emergency kitchens
- Philadelphia VA
- Registered veterans in Philadelphia can reach out to their VA social worker or to Voluntary Services to get free grocery delivery
Grocery Pickup Locations
- Bunny Hop distribution at Franny Lou’s Porch (2400 Coral St); Tuesdays 1-3pm
- West Philly Food Not Bombs distributes free food every Friday at 4:30pm at Malcolm X Park (51st and Pine)
- Food Not Bombs Solidarity distributes free food every Thursday from 5-6pm at the 46th Street El Stop (46th and Market)
- Crusaders for Christ Church distributes food on Fridays from 3-4 PM. (Please call on Friday morning to be sure they are still distributing food: 215-387-3014.) Location: 1201 South 42nd Street, Philadelphia PA 19143
- Paradise Emmanuel Tabernacle church distributes food on Wednesdays and Saturdays, from 9 AM-12 Noon. (215) 571-5406; 4704 Woodland Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19143.
- DOPE is offering non-perishables and frozen food every Friday from 3-5 at 46th and Kingsessing. They will deliver to elderly folks and parents with young children. Their number is 267-281-4931.
- Bunny Hop distribution Mondays 1-3pm; ICA, 118 S 36th St (University City)
- Mama Tee
- 2821 W. Girard (Spot Burger)
- 635 W. Girard (Ambassador)
- 915 Spring Garden Ave. (Triple Bottom Brewing)
- 319 N. 39th St.
- 2400 Coral St. (Franny Lou’s)
- 1255 E. Palmer (Castellino’s)
- 1180 Ludlow St. (Canopy Hotel)
- 2204 Washington Ave. (Porcos)
- 6410 Rising Sun Ave. (Restoration Church)
- Philadelphia Community Fridge
- 1229 S. 6th St. (Alliance Medical)
- 1901 S. 9th St. (Bok)
- The People’s Fridge on 52nd
- 511 S 52nd St (Mina’s World)
- Germantown Community Fridge
- 20 W. Armat St (Greene Street Friends School)
- East Falls Community Fridge
- 3507 Midvale Ave
- North Philly Food Not Bombs – Sunday evenings in front of the Free Library on the Parkway
- Devereux Memorial United Methodist Church serves food Wednesdays at 12pm. Located at 2527 W Allegheny, 215-221-5050.
- St Francis Inn serves to-go meals Mon-Thurs. 4:30-6pm, Fri-Sun. 11:30am-1pm, Coffee and pastries T/W/Th. 10am-11amLocated at 2441 Kensington Ave, 215-423-5845.
- Our Brother’s Place has to-go meals Mon-Fri 12-1pm pick-up in garage. They serve men only. Located at 906 Hamilton Street, 215-985-1600.
- Church of the Advocate has to-go meals daily at 12pm. Located at 1801 Diamond St, 215-978-8000.
Other Leftist Groups in Philly